What is Stewardship?
Stewardship is simply the act of managing the resources God has given us. Here at Zion we believe that it is an integral part of our faith walk. Stewardship is a spiritual issue that needs to be nurtured just like any other aspect of our lives. Closely related to our attitude about giving of our time, talents and possessions, it is not something to be feared. Those of us who have embarked on an intimate walk with Christ have found that “Giving is Good for the Giver.” We invite you to join us on this journey of discovery and growth.
Zion seeks to fulfill an ambitious mission, which calls for a strong stewardship program. The two goals are closely related. Jesus is well aware of the importance of giving. Of the forty-two parables Jesus used in His ministry, twenty-five of them dealt with how we use our possessions. While He talks about prayer in the Bible 372 times, He talks about possessions and giving 2,172 times! We are challenged to give of our first fruits by setting aside gifts for God’s ministry before we spend on ourselves, and we are challenged to give sacrificially using the tithe (ten percent of our income) as a biblical benchmark.
Schedule Giving allows you to set your own giving amount, giving frequency, and fund designation.
- Offering = Worship When I give to major fundraisers I often will research ... more
- We Did It When you get to be 150 years old, you probably ... more
- Consistency Spring is here, and summer is approaching quickly. I for ... more
- Sacrificial Giving I used to joke about what I had to give ... more
- Giving Statements Giving statements for your 2016 tax preparation were mailed to ... more
- How Generous Are We? Money is one of the primary resources that a believer ... more
- Christmas and Year End Giving Did you know that 40% of all charitable gifts given ... more
- Giving Thanks When I think of November one of the first things ... more
- Have I Got a Deal for You! If you’re like me, when you hear this statement it ... more
- Giving is Good for the Giver How is it possible that giving can make our lives ... more
- Writing a Will Including the Church It all belongs to God. As stewards, we ... more
- The Joy of Giving We make a living by what we get, but we ... more
- Consider Electronic Giving Benefits to You Remember that we have a spiritual need to worship ... more
- Serve Those in Need “Serve those in need” is the third part of Zion’s ... more
- Christ in our Midst The New Testament is filled with examples of how to ... more
- Faith and Finances We are stewards of what God has given to us, ... more
- What Will Be Your Legacy? As Christians, we rejoice with faith in the resurrection. For if ... more
- Syrian Refugee Crisis In response to the terrorism around the world and people ... more
- God’s Big Shovel God’s people, using God’s money and resources for God’s glory. ... more
- Why Are Things Going So Well At Zion? As the Senior Pastor at Zion I hear things through ... more
General Fund: Operating expenses / day to day expenses like staff salaries, synod support, and committee expenses.
Building Fund: Building mortgage expenses.
Special Envelopes: Extra envelopes such as Global Mission and World Hunger gifts, Sunday School & Cemetery.
Zion Foundation: Gifts in honor or in memory of loved ones support a broad range of Ministries connected to Zion. Gifts to this fund are invested, only the growth can used to fund grants … more information
Memorial Fund: Gifts in honor or in memory of loved ones to fund specific items or projects at Zion … more information