The Blessing Closet
I needed clothes and you clothed me….When did we see you a stranger and invite you in or needing clothes and clothe you? The King will reply ‘I tell you the truth, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers, you did for Me’ Matthew 35:36
The Blessing Closet ministry is called to touch lives and demonstrate God’s love in a practical way by loving all people, illustrating the gift of giving, sharing the good news, welcoming those who seek, and serving others. This is one of many gap ministries in the Buffalo community that work in cooperation with Love INC-Big Woods, and involves many Zion members in being ‘the hands and feet of Jesus’ in our community.
This ministry collects, sorts, and distributes new and slightly used clothes, free of charge, to kids and their parents who are in need of help. Everyone is welcome … no questions, requirements or limits.
- I grew up in North Dakota and enjoyed the wide open prairies and blue skies. Yes, and also the crisp cold winters in Grand Forks, North Dakota where I went to the University of North Dakota for four years, and graduated with a Bachelor of Science degree in Nursing. My husband, Lew is also a native of North Dakota. He also attended and graduated from UND, receiving a Bachelor’s degree in elementary education. During our first year of marriage, we lived just a few blocks off campus in a small ... more
- Zion’s Blessing Closet is receiving a significant donation from the new local 100 Women Who Care organization. This group meets quarterly to encourage random acts of kindness, promote philanthropy in our community, and provide financial support to nonprofit organizations making a difference in our community. Members agree to donate at least $100 each to the organization selected by the group. The Blessing Closet has been invited to present to the group on January 27, and the donation amount will be determined by the number of members at that time. Women interested ... more
- The Blessing Closet is one of the newest Social Ministry Missions at Zion. This ministry collects, sorts, and distributes new and slightly used clothes, free of charge, to kids and their parents who are in need of help. Everyone is welcome … no questions, requirements or limits. To start this Mission, Zion provided one-half of the closet in Trinity Hall to store clothing donations from the congregation. The first distribution was held in August of 2015, and the program has since grown well beyond expectations as the word has spread throughout the ... more
Donations of suitable clothing items are accepted on Wednesdays 12-7pm at Zion.
- All donations should be new or slightly used, clean and washed clothing
- Donation receipts will be provided upon request.
- Receive donations
- Sort, wash, mend, and store items at Zion.
- Set up, greet guests, and ‘shop’ with the kids on distribution days.
Contact Roger & Sandy Brenny with questions.
- April 26, 2017
- Blessing Clothing Closet Collection