Meals on Wheels provides volunteers to deliver nutritious meals to people in the community to help them live independently. Zion supports Meals on Wheels by providing 3 drivers each day of June and November to deliver meals. We occasionally provide one driver in other months to help smaller congregations fill out the schedule.
Tips for Volunteer Drivers
- Consider which days you can help and sign up at the information desk or by contacting Sherilyn.
- If you prefer a certain route, please specify that when you sign up. (The calendar has 1., 2., 3., listed but don’t assume that corresponds to route numbers.)
- If you’re unsure about delivery locations in Buffalo contact Sherilyn Burgdorf in the church office … we will find a time to do a “test drive” or find a partner for your first drive.
- Be at Lake Ridge Care Center (formerly Ebenezer) at 11:30am on your deliver day. Come to the kitchen entrance in the back of the building on 4th Avenue South.
- Delivery will take about an hour
- Especially during the summer (June), this is a great family project with children/grandchildren.