Weekly Wednesday Suppers
For families in District 877 schools, this will be a year to grow into a new schedule … When middle school and high school activities run later in the day, take advantage of a hot meal at Zion every Wednesday. The price is minimal, but the ease of coming into the Zion Fellowship Hall and finding great meals waiting for you is a perfect mid-week treat.
- Supper is served on Wednesdays from 5-6:30pm during the school year
- All are welcome
- There is a suggested donation of $4 per plate or $15 per family
- Menus are listed at the bottom of this page
- In most of our homes, the kitchen gets used on a daily basis. Believe it or not, the church kitchen at Zion is the same. From lefse to lutefisk to egg rolls and omelets, the mighty church kitchen has been on the clock since 1989. It was time to breathe some new life into it. So, the property committee along with a task force of active kitchen ministry leaders, took a look at how to make it as functional as possible ... more
- Volunteer a few hours as a small commitment with a great reward for many people.
- Families or individuals do lightweight prep, serve, and clean up the same meal once every 6-8 weeks in rotation (4 or 5 times during the entire year).
- Choose which meal team you’d like to join.
- Meet other Zion members that will become new friends and help many families and youth by providing a great “home-cooked” meal on busy Wednesday evenings.
- Contact Team Leads
- Sponsors help maintain meal quality, while not limiting the number of people served.
- Both corporate and individual sponsors may have their names publicized.
- Sponsors might choose to give $100-$200, or give a specific part of a meal, such as desert.
- To help serve the meal or sponsor part of the meal, please contact Sherilyn Burgdorf or the Wednesday Supper Coordinator.