Weekly Wednesday Suppers
- In most of our homes, the kitchen gets used on a daily basis. Believe it or not, the church kitchen at Zion is the same. From lefse to lutefisk to egg rolls and omelets, the mighty church kitchen has been on the clock since 1989.
It was time to breathe some new life into it. So, the property committee along with a task force of active kitchen ministry leaders, took a look at how to make it as functional as possible ... more
- Suzie is one of the faces behind Zion’s new website. She owns a local business, Red Technologies, offering web development, search engine optimization, mobile app development, online marketing, video production, and social media. She had recently joined Zion when the branding task force was formed in 2013.
It seemed like a natural way I could volunteer and make a difference at Zion. Zion is such an amazing church community, and in order to have that seen by the outside world, our ... more
- Another great year of Wednesday night suppers is quickly coming to an end. The ‘last supper’ for this year will be May 13. This spring we thank Cindy Bonde for her 8 years of leadership as the Wednesday Night Supper Coordinator. Cindy is officially turning her cooking utensils and ordering sheets over to Karen Pearson who will be the WNS Coordinator. Karen is a familiar person to Wednesday suppers as the team lead for the pasta team. She also has ... more
- Volunteer a few hours as a small commitment with a great reward for many people.
- Families or individuals do lightweight prep, serve, and clean up the same meal once every 6-8 weeks in rotation (4 or 5 times during the entire year).
- Choose which meal team you’d like to join.
- Meet other Zion members that will become new friends and help many families and youth by providing a great “home-cooked” meal on busy Wednesday evenings.
- Contact Team Leads
- Sponsors help maintain meal quality, while not limiting the number of people served.
- Both corporate and individual sponsors may have their names publicized.
- Sponsors might choose to give $100-$200, or give a specific part of a meal, such as desert.
- To help serve the meal or sponsor part of the meal, please contact Sherilyn Burgdorf or the Wednesday Supper Coordinator.