Wednesdays After School
The staff, choir directors, and Worship & Music committee have put their heads together to create a new schedule for the 2016-2017 school year. We know that the 2016-2017 year will be a trial year for many Zion programs due to the change in Buffalo Hanover Montrose school district dismissal times. This new Zion schedule will hopefully accommodate students from neighboring school districts as well.
Zion’s Wednesday schedule includes programming and supervision for elementary children for the entire afternoon.
- Kids’ Place is a place for elementary students to hang out after school on Wednesdays. It includes an after school snack, supervision, homework time, and structured activities.
- Vocal choirs are available for all elementary students.
- Handbell choirs are available for grades 4 and up.
NEW Schedule 2016-2017 [UPDATED 9/1/2016]
|2:45 – 5:30||Kids’ Place Childcare||Grades K-5|
|2:45||Snack time – Fellowship Hall||Kindergarten-Grade 5|
|3:15 – 4:00||Ring Forth – Bell Room||Grades 4-5|
|4:00 – 4:30||SONshine Choir – Choir room||Kindergarten-Grade 2|
|4:00||Ring Forth participants to to ZKP||Grades 4-5|
|4:15 – 5:00||Class Ring – Bell Room||Grades 6-8|
|4:30||SONshine Choir participants return to ZKP||Grades K-2|
|5:30 – 6:00||Joy Choir – Choir room||Grades 3-5|
|5:30||All ZKP kids must be picked up unless at Joy Choir||Grades K-5|
|5:00 – 6:30||Wednesday Night Supper||All families|
|5:45-6:15||Youth Choir – Choir room||Grades 6-12|
|6:30-7:30||Joyful Ringers||Grade 9-Adult|
|7:00-8:00||Senior Choir||Grade 9-Adult|
|from 6pm||Evening Childcare||While parents are participating in activities|
There will be NO Wednesday After School activities on 10/19, 11/23, 12/28 or 4/5/2017. Our final day will be 5/10/17.
Kids’ Place Childcare
Kids’ Place (childcare) will be offered again this year for children in grades K-6, for children before and/or after choirs. For the safety of our kids, childcare will also be provided after supper, beginning at 6pm. This option is for parents taking part in evening activities at Zion. Children should be registered for Wednesday activities in advance, especially if using either (or both) of these childcare options.
Kids’ Place is available for K-5th grade . The cost to register for Kids’ Place for the entire year (29 Wednesdays) is $100 per child for those not participating in music groups, $40 per child for those also in a choir or bell choir (if/when a child is not in a music rehearsal, they will be in Zion Kids’ Place (ZKP) and must pay for this care unless picked up by a parent).
Choir and handbell families that don’t sign up for Kids’ Place are asked to contribute $20/child to help cover the snack for the year.
Zion rents a bus to bring elementary students from Northwinds, Discovery, Parkside, Tatanka, and St Francis Xavier every week. Children attending Kids’ Place (K-gr5), SONshine Choir (K-gr2), Joy Choir (gr3-5) or Ring Forth (gr4-5) are encouraged to use the bus option.
After rehearsals/Kids’ Place you will need to find your own ride home from Zion. Check with other parents if you are interested in carpooling and let staff know of this arrangement. Please come in to the church pick up your child for your child’s safety. Thank you!
Remember that Wednesday night suppers are available weekly for all families.
When Plans Change
- Please call the Zion office (763.682.1245) if your child is ill or will not be coming to Zion on any Wednesday. If you don’t contact us we assume your child didn’t make bus connections and we would then need to contact parents, the school, and/or the bus company after the bus arrives at Zion.
- In case of stormy weather check the Zion website for details or call the Zion office. If school closes early due to weather, Zion after school programs are cancelled.
- Student check-in
- Snack time set up and clean up
- Kids’ Place help).
- Parent volunteers at Tatanka, Northwinds, St Francis Xavier and Discovery/Parkside near the buses the first two weeks, to meet students and lead them to the rental bus.