- June 27, 2017
- Zion Day Camp
- June 28, 2017
- GIFT Meeting
- July 2, 2017
- Nursery Available During Worship
- July 14, 2017
- SEEDS Weekend
- August 2, 2017
- Choir Camp
- August 15, 2017
- Soul Sisterhood Retreat
- August 17, 2017
- Summer Stretch End of Summer Celebration
- August 25, 2017
- Last Day of ZDC
Sundays During the School Year
Sunday School at Zion is held at 8:30 and at 10:30 during the school year for children ages 3 (on September 1) to grade 5. God’s Word is taught through Bible stories, music, videos, crafts, service activities, discussion and Grow in Faith activities (foundational work on Lord’s Prayer, Apostles’ Creed, 10 Commandments, etc). Sunday School at Zion follows a large-group/small-group model and our focus is on relational ministry where each child is known by name.
- Children begin in worship with their families and then attend Sunday School after the Children’s Message. After the Children’s Message, staff will help children to travel over to Trinity Hall for large group time. Parents are welcome to walk their children to their group the first few weeks until they feel comfortable with the system.
- Families choose which Sunday School hour they will typically attend (8:30 or 10:30) but are welcome to attend the other hour occasionally if needed.
- Zion celebrates “Sanctuary Sunday” one Sunday of each month (often the fourth) as a time for families to come to church together. Sunday School will not be in session this day, so that you can worship together as a family. Worship services for Sanctuary Sundays will be specifically inclusive of the children, and build and strengthen the relationships with which God has blessed us.
Thank you in advance for working on these at home with your kids! You are the main faith factors for your kids… and we are always here to support you!
Grow in Faith Events
Throughout the year, Zion’s Sunday School kids work on learning various faith foundations such as memorizing the Lord’s Prayer, 10 Commandments and Books of the Bible.
When these events are scheduled (see calendar), children will either be sharing their learning/memorization in Sunday school large group or during the children’s message in worship. We hope your child/ren will attend on their special day and share what they’ve learned!
Volunteer opportunities include teaching (or co-teaching) Sunday School, helping as shepherds and subs, and getting involved with special events or as Sunday Morning Hosts. We couldn’t do this ministry without you… thanks in advance for being a part of our team and sharing God’s love with Zion’s children!!
If you have any questions about Sunday School, please contact Kirsten Kelly
- Sarah is a lifelong member of Zion. Her parents, Dan & Linda Opsal, are also members. As a child, she enjoyed singing in the SONshine choir, and in high school she loved teaching a kindergarten Sunday school class. I am so thankful to have had Pastors John and Ed as my pastors growing up. I was baptized by Pastor Ed, and Pastor John married my husband, Wayne, and I 14 years ago. Sarah is mom to Olivia (10), Luke (7), and Sydney (2) and has taught at Discovery Elementary for 18 years. ... more
- Pam has fond memories of the small town Lutheran church in which she was raised, including AWANAs, youth events, Christmas caroling, and gatherings at her youth pastor’s home. I also was able to go to Bible camp during my junior high years. Bible camp was such a memorable time for me. It was then that I learned how important it was for me to keep Christ in the center of my life. I loved how I felt when I would come home from camp. I was filled with so much faith, ... more