Zion Lutheran Church is looking for a part-time Bookkeeper for our Church Office. We are located off Highway 25 in Buffalo MN and are a staff of approximately 30 full-time, part-time and seasonal employees. This position is a key player for our office team. We are really looking for a high functioning individual to join a collaborative team.
Summary of Duties: This part-time Bookkeeper will be hired for 30 hours per week and will be responsible for accounts payable, payroll, and preparing financial reports for our various committees. There is some flexibility in the schedule for this part-time position. We are looking for a candidate with good organizational and communication skills as they will interact with almost every member of our staff as well as congregation members. In the next year, we are also looking for this person to help with the exciting transition to new financial software.
The spirit and mission of Zion, should guide this position: To share Christ’s word, strengthen faith, and serve those in need.
• 3+ years of strong bookkeeping experience
• 3+ years of experience with Microsoft Office Suite (Office, Word, Excel)
• Experience working in a time-sensitive and timeline-driven environment
• Preparing monthly, quarterly and end-of-year financial statements
• Annual budget forecasting
• QuickBooks or other accounting software with specific AP experience
• Associate degree in Finance/Accounting or equivalent experience
• Strong/expert Microsoft Excel (v look-ups, pivot tables, etc.)
Compensation commensurate with experience
We are seeking someone who is highly motivated to meet deadlines and work independently understanding the nature of this part-time position. This Bookkeeper will be crucial for the functioning of a large and active congregation.
Zion Lutheran Church is seeking an Organist for Sunday
mornings and some additional services (approx. 100 potential services per year). Our organ is a Moller pipe organ, 14 rank. Position open until filled, interviews to begin April 30.