Benefits to You
Remember that we have a spiritual need to worship God. Through our offerings, we are able to express our love for, devotion to, and dependence on God. For you and your family, electronic giving offers many benefits including:
- Convenience – No need to write a check every week, much like you may already handle regular payments like mortgage, utilities, cable and phone. You can manage your donations easily by telephone.
- Peace of Mind – Once you designate your preferences, your contributions will be made automatically for you even if you’re out of town or unable to attend church due to weather, illness or a family emergency.
- Security – Your data is protected, every transaction is secure and your contributions are automatically transferred directly to the church’s account.
- Effectiveness – Your donations are helping your church be more efficient. Together with many others you create a steady, predictable cash flow to support ministries that are important to you.
- Simplicity – You choose the amount and timing of your gifts. You can adjust or stop your donations at any time. Gifts are transferred on the 1st or the 15th of each month.
Benefits to Zion
Choosing to give electronically helps Zion Lutheran in many ways including:
- Savings – Expenses are reduced if you no longer receive envelopes. Through automated giving and going paperless, you will not only be helping to strengthen our church, you’ll be helping preserve God’s green earth!
- Consistency – Zion will have a better idea of the funds we will have coming in week after week so we can make our ministries and programs as farreaching and effective as possible.
Contact Lisa in the office to get started
No matter how you give, it is the motivation of the giver that counts most, not the size of the gift or the degree of benefit to the recipient.
A poor widow came and put in two small copper coins, which are worth a penny. Then he called his disciples and said to them, “Truly I tell you, this poor widow has put in more than all those who are contributing to the treasury. For all of them have contributed out of their abundance; but she out of her poverty has put in everything she had, all she had to live on.” Mark 12:42-44
One part of the good news of stewardship, is that church offerings are not fundraising rituals, but acts of worship. Thank you, no matter how you choose to support Zion.