Now that Zion is accepting clothing donations, our goal is to handle the clothes efficiently and safely before we start the sorting process by providing a no touch process and allowing all donated clothes to sit for a period of time to make sure they are not carrying any virus droplets according to the CDC instructions (https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/community/reopen-guidance.html).
- Currently, all donations will be done by appointment only. Call 763.317.6052 and leave a message. You will be called back to set up a day and time to drop off your donation.
- No clothes will be accepted inside the church building at this time. Please drive around to the back of the church and deliver to the Blessing Closet garage where a volunteer will meet you and give you further direction.
- You will be instructed to put your donations in a large bin that is outside in front of the garage door. Our volunteer will supervise at the 6-foot distance and wear a mask. If you need help, please bring someone with you. Our volunteer will not be able to help unload.
- All donations must be either bagged or in boxes, and we ask you to limit your drop off to five total 33 gal. bags or boxes per drop. Signed receipts will be available for tax purposes.
- The volunteer will spray the contents of the large container with disinfectant spray to kill bacteria and viruses and then stored in the large container, still untouched, inside the garage for a 7-day period before being touched.
- After the 7-day period, the bags/boxes will be unloaded from the large container and put in a separate storage area within the garage “waiting to be sorted”.
- Planning our next sorting will depend on when the church is opened up. Currently, sorting is scheduled for June 23, and we will notify volunteers if that can be completed.
We are continuing to learn how to safely handle clothes due to the virus, and will apply them as we go forward in the collection, sorting, and disinfecting process.
Stay Safe and Healthy!