What is Stewardship?
Stewardship is simply the act of managing the resources God has given us. Here at Zion we believe that it is an integral part of our faith walk. Stewardship is a spiritual issue that needs to be nurtured just like any other aspect of our lives. Closely related to our attitude about giving of our time, talents and possessions, it is not something to be feared. Those of us who have embarked on an intimate walk with Christ have found that “Giving is Good for the Giver.” We invite you to join us on this journey of discovery and growth.
Zion seeks to fulfill an ambitious mission, which calls for a strong stewardship program. The two goals are closely related. Jesus is well aware of the importance of giving. Of the forty-two parables Jesus used in His ministry, twenty-five of them dealt with how we use our possessions. While He talks about prayer in the Bible 372 times, He talks about possessions and giving 2,172 times! We are challenged to give of our first fruits by setting aside gifts for God’s ministry before we spend on ourselves, and we are challenged to give sacrificially using the tithe (ten percent of our income) as a biblical benchmark.
Schedule Giving allows you to set your own giving amount, giving frequency, and fund designation.
- Sacrificial Giving Since the beginning of time, our Creator continues to bless ... more
- Consider Electronic Giving Benefits to You Remember that we have a spiritual need to worship ... more
- Spiritual Financial Checkup Remember the LORD your God, for it is he who ... more
- God Gave As we begin a new year it is good to ... more
- Christmas and Year End Giving As the holiday season approaches, with the end of one ... more
- Making $en$e of Our Money Each fall we pause in worship to focus our thoughts ... more
General Fund: Operating expenses / day to day expenses like staff salaries, synod support, and committee expenses.
Building Fund: Building mortgage expenses.
Special Envelopes: Extra envelopes such as Global Mission and World Hunger gifts, Sunday School & Cemetery.
Zion Foundation: Gifts in honor or in memory of loved ones support a broad range of Ministries connected to Zion. Gifts to this fund are invested, only the growth can used to fund grants … more information
Memorial Fund: Gifts in honor or in memory of loved ones to fund specific items or projects at Zion … more information