Zion Memorial Fund
Zion’s Memorial Fund provides opportunities for directed giving to Zion or one of the currently pursued memorial fund projects.
The Memorial Fund is a way for people to make specific gifts to the church, usually in memory or honor of someone. Such generosity preserves the memory of past loved ones and honors those among us still.
Gifts to the Memorial Fund are used in total for the cause to which they were donated, and typically are used for a specific purchase of a tangible asset.
Undesignated gifts are also welcome. They may be made in memory or honor of someone, allowing the Memorial Fund Committee to decide how the gifts will be best used.
Memorials are recognized on a monthly basis in Connect, Zion’s newsletter.
Current memorial gift opportunities include:
- New carpeting in the sanctuary. The original carpet and pew cushions are from 1989 when the sanctuary was built and are ready to be replaced. This would refresh the sanctuary and make the whole space seem new again.
- Kitchen remodel. The kitchen at Zion is heavily used for everything from funerals to Wednesday night suppers, to Lutefisk and Harvest of Hands events. It is time to remodel with new cabinetry, countertops, and flooring. Many of our active members have found themselves in there at one time or another and giving to this project is a great way to remember them.
- Undesignated funds (used for the greatest current need or special church needs)
- Let us know who you are memorializing
- Make your Contribution (select ‘Memorial Donation’ in the first box, and your chosen project in the second box)
Forms to Print
- At Zion we talk about both the Zion Foundation and the Memorial Fund, but what is the difference? One major difference is that the dollars donated to the Zion Foundation are invested, and only the gains from the investment are spent on projects (often called an “endowment”). All dollars given to the Memorial Fund are spent. Another difference is that the Zion Foundation is a separately incorporated entity created to serve the ministry of Zion and the Foundation Board is comprised of ... more