Village of Hope in Zambia
The mission of All Kids Can Learn International (AKCLI) is to rescue and care for orphaned and vulnerable children, seeking economic sustainability, to the Glory of God through our Lord Jesus Christ.
The Village of Hope provides orphaned children with quality care, education, Christian discipleship training, vocational training, and employment settings in which to grow and thrive. At Village of Hope in Zambia, these children live in family households with Zambian ‘mothers.’ They attend school, learn basic skills, are discipled as followers of Jesus, and laugh and live in a place of love and caring.
- Five new children have come to live at the Village of Hope, our Global Mission partner in Zambia. Two of the children are brother and sister, Charles and Christine. The other three are boys Robson, Chanda, and Phillip (pictured) who are unrelated to each other and have come from the worst compound in the country, where they were being recruited for a gang. The boys wanted to get out. Both the Village and the children will be blessed by each other. Buildings continue ... more
- Ron grew up in eastern South Dakota, attending a conservative Lutheran church. He remembers in 1st grade, living with his family on the second floor of the Wisconsin Synod Church student center while his father was studying for his bachelor degree at South Dakota State. I spent time sneaking downstairs and playing an old pump organ (the one used for church services) that was powered by a vacuum cleaner located in the basement … probably why to this day my ... more
- Is traveling to Africa on your bucket list? Do you want to meet amazing children and adults who call Zambia home? Do you have a desire to make the world feel a little smaller and help grow our partnership with All Kids Can Learn International? If you answered yes to any (or all) of these questions, then join us on our next adventure to Zambia in Mid-January of 2020. In the words of Kevin Bergquist from the 2017 trip: A mountaintop experience! To ... more
- How many people use it daily? It is used every day by 45 teachers and 650 students. During the college classes it is the work place for the students from the time classes end at 3:30 pm until 9pm. It is also kept open during the weekends of the college semesters, three weeks in April, August, and December. The first class of 19 college students was held in August of 2018. Besides using books, how else is the library used? There are about ... more
- Last August, a group from Zion went to the Village of Hope in Zambia to help build a library. While building the library was their main focus, they were also encouraged by others at the Village to use the gifts they had to leave a lasting impact. This ranged from things like spending time with kids, to milking cows, sewing projects and hosting teacher workshops. Carol Moore had an idea to use her gifts to work with team members and ... more
Donations & Payments
If you are making a donation, select “Zion to Zambia – Donation” from the drop-down box, and it will be used for the entire trip/team, and appear on your contribution statement.
If you are a trip participant, select “Zion to Zambia – Pay my Fees” from the drop-down box and it will be applied to your own balance.
Zion to Zambia Calendar
- January 6, 2020
- Zambia Mission Trip