The Blessing Closet
I needed clothes and you clothed me….When did we see you a stranger and invite you in or needing clothes and clothe you? The King will reply ‘I tell you the truth, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers, you did for Me’ Matthew 35:36
The Blessing Closet ministry is called to touch lives and demonstrate God’s love in a practical way by loving all people, illustrating the gift of giving, sharing the good news, welcoming those who seek, and serving others. This is one of many gap ministries in the Buffalo community that work in cooperation with Love INC-Big Woods, and involves many Zion members in being ‘the hands and feet of Jesus’ in our community.
This ministry collects, sorts, and distributes new and slightly used clothes, free of charge, to kids and their parents who are in need of help. Everyone is welcome … no questions, requirements or limits.
- Zion’s Blessing Closet has existed for three-and-a-half years, serving about 1,800 children and their families with 28,000 items of free clothing. Donations from our congregation and other community families and individuals continue to grow at an impressive rate, and a huge amount of gratitude must be given to the many wonderful men and women who use their gifts and talents as they faithfully volunteer to move, sort, count, and pack these items every month. Indeed, they are the ‘hands and feet of Jesus’ in serving others! The Blessing Closet will continue ... more
- Would you consider volunteering for a rotating shift as a Blessing Closet manager for one week every other month? The Blessing Closet manager will be responsible for overseeing the Blessing Closet building and managing volunteers to coordinate all the clothing tasks to keep the ministry functional to perform quarterly and emergency distributions. This ministry is seeking a professional to give direction and leadership toward the achievement of the vision and mission with a requirement to perform duties one week in every two month period. Specific responsibilities: Pick up phone requests and set up ... more
Donations of suitable clothing items are accepted on Wednesdays at Zion.
- 12-7pm September-May
- 8:30-4:30pm June-August
All donations should be new or slightly used, clean and washed clothing
Call 763.317.6052 to make an appointment for a larger donation. Donation receipts will be provided upon request.
- Receive donations
- Sort, wash, mend, and store items at Zion.
- Set up, greet guests, and ‘shop’ with the kids on distribution days.
Contact Roger & Sandy Brenny with questions.
- October 13, 2019
- Coats for Kids Collection
- November 13, 2019
- Set up for Blessing Closet
- November 14, 2019
- Blessing Closet Distribution