SERVE with others from Zion, meeting new people.
SERVE at Zion to go above and beyond the normal day’s duties.
SERVE in the community, putting hands to work beyond Zion’s walls.
Participants are invited to sign up for one project from a long list of short-term service options, usually 1-3 hours in length. Projects include a chance to dig in to clean, fix, organize, and cook here at Zion, but we’ll also expand to the local communities and other projects within Wright County.
Friday, April 27, 2:00 pm
SERVE Weekend - Fellowship Hall
- Fellowship Hall
Moses (main hallway)
- Newsletter event list
- Truckload of Life food packing event on Sunday, April 29, will pack 100,000 meals at Zion.
- Blessing Closet and Allina Bike giveaway will distribute free clothing and bikes on Saturday, April 28.
- Local churches may choose to have their own specific projects that benefit their own ministries.
- Many SERVE options will give volunteers opportunity to work with friends and neighbors from other congregations.
Saturday, April 28, 9:00 am
Blessing Clothing Closet Distribution - Trinity Hall
- Roger Brenny
- Trinity Hall
- Blessing Closet
Newsletter event list
The Blessing Closet will provide free children’s clothing to families with children ages infant thru 18 years on Thursday, February 8, 9am to 3pm. There are no income or residency requirements to qualify for free clothing. Children should ideally be present to do their own shopping, but adults who wish to pick up clothing for their absent children, may bring a form of ID for each child (medical card, social security card, birth certificate, etc.).
Saturday, April 28, 10:00 am
Allina Bike Giveaway - Parking Lot
- Janna Netterfield
- Parking Lot
- SERVE Weekend
Allina Health is partnering with the Blessing Closet and FB4K to provide 230 free bikes during SERVE Weekend.
- Distribution is in Zion's parking lot on Saturday, April 28, from 10am until gone
- Bikes will be distributed on a first-come, first-served basis. Bikes are not guaranteed for all.
- Children must be present to receive a bike.
- Bikes of all sizes will be available, from toddler through teenager.
- A parent or guardian must be present to sign a waiver.
- We are not able to provide transportation on the day of the giveaway event.
Sunday, April 29, 8:00 am
Truckload of Life
- Newsletter event list
- Harvest of Hands is a Zion ministry that raises funds to help fight hunger locally and globally. Their primary annual fundraiser is a craft sale each November, and proceeds from last year’s sale are helping fund this packing project.
- Based in Union, IA, The Outreach Program is a non-profit 501 (c)(3) corporation that organizes food packaging events around the country. With more than 300 million meals packaged to date, the organization’s mission is to provide food, safe water, education, and medical care to those in need at home and abroad.