Music ministry at Zion includes opportunities for participation in vocal choirs, handbell choirs, worship teams, and instrumental ensembles.
- As a kid growing up at Zion, I spent many Wednesday afternoons and evenings making music at church. I started with SONShine Choir as a kindergartener, eventually singing and ringing my way through Joy Choir, Ring Forth, Youth Choir, Class Ring, and finally joining Joyful Ringers as a young adult. Music is still a huge part of my life and faith. These days, I’m teaching 5th-12th grade band in Hinckley, but ... more
- The new year has brought new transitions in Zion’s staff, with the retirement of two long-time, part-time staff members who have each impacted so many lives at Zion: Jim Onstad, Zion’s youth assistant for 17 years (and parent volunteer for many years before that), completed his staff duties on December 31. “Grandpa Jimmy” (as he is affectionately known) will continue as a volunteer in Zion’s youth ministry. A celebration of Jim’s ... more
- Music ministry has always been central to Larry’s church involvement. Softly & Tenderly and Great is Thy Faithfulness are two of his favorite hymns. Growing up, I can always remember attending church with my parents, going to Sunday school, vacation bible school and summer camps. As a youngster I enjoyed being in the church Christmas plays and singing with the children’s choirs. There is so much great church music, sacred music and ... more
Summer Special Music
Use your talents during the summer to provide special music for one of our summer worship services on Sunday mornings or Monday evenings. If you’d like to do a solo or small ensemble, either vocal or instrumental music in worship, contact Sherilyn Burgdorf or Mike Walsh to volunteer.
- April 25, 2018
- Ring Forth
- SONshine Choir
- Joy Choir Musical at Park View
- Senior Choir
- Family Express Worship Team
- SONshine Choir
- April 30, 2018
- First Sunday Rehearsal