Weekly Wednesday Suppers
For families in District 877 schools, this will be a year to grow into a new schedule … When middle school and high school activities run later in the day, take advantage of a hot meal at Zion every Wednesday. The price is minimal, but the ease of coming into the Zion Fellowship Hall and finding great meals waiting for you is a perfect mid-week treat.
- Supper is served on Wednesdays from 5-6:30pm during the school year
- All are welcome
- There is a suggested donation of $4 per plate or $15 per family
- Menus are listed at the bottom of this page
- Michelle has been married to Chris for 18 years, and they have two children, Ben & Emily. They started their faith journey at Zion last year after moving to Maple Lake from St. Louis Park where they attended Westwood Lutheran. When looking for a new church, it was important to them to find a faith home with community involvement, volunteer opportunities, and a large, well-established youth program. It was difficult to leave Westwood after more than a decade, but we were very happy to ... more
- Angel grew up in Boscobel, Wisconsin, where her mom, Carolyn Howell, was a big influence on her faith life. As kids, my brother and I were always involved in our local church back in Wisconsin. I loved going to Sugar Creek Bible Camp in Ferryville, Wisconsin, and going to Sunday school. My parents, both 72, are still very active in my hometown church and enjoy coming to Zion when they visit. My favorite song would have to be “You Gave Me ... more
- Dorothy has been a lifelong member of Zion, as were her mother Lydia (&Ted) Heins, and grandfather Walter (& Elsa) Berglund. Her great grandmother, Marit, was seven years old when the family came to Buffalo from Sweden, homesteaded about a mile south of the current Zion location, and became founding members of Carlslund Lutheran Church (which later became Zion). Dorothy has good memories of going to church with her grandma and parents. I remember going to Easter services in our dresses and ... more
- Volunteer a few hours as a small commitment with a great reward for many people.
- Families or individuals do lightweight prep, serve, and clean up the same meal once every 6-8 weeks in rotation (4 or 5 times during the entire year).
- Choose which meal team you’d like to join.
- Meet other Zion members that will become new friends and help many families and youth by providing a great “home-cooked” meal on busy Wednesday evenings.
- Contact Team Leads
- Sponsors help maintain meal quality, while not limiting the number of people served.
- Both corporate and individual sponsors may have their names publicized.
- Sponsors might choose to give $100-$200, or give a specific part of a meal, such as desert.
- To help serve the meal or sponsor part of the meal, please contact Sherilyn Burgdorf or the Wednesday Supper Coordinator.