Thank you for sharing your little ones with us, we know that for some parents, it can be stressful to be separated from your child, and for other parents it’s a nice break to be able to attend church while your child is with us. We want you to know that our priority is giving your kids a happy, safe, and comfortable experience when they come to the nursery, and we feel really blessed to be part of your kids’ lives.
Zion’s nursery is staffed by two part-time employees and many volunteers. All of our staff has had background checks and received specialized training and experience working with children. The nursery is provided for:
- Children ages 3 and under on Sunday mornings from 8:15-11:45 am (during worship)
- Wednesday evenings during the school year from 6-8 pm for younger children whose parents volunteer in various capacities (please check in by 6:15 because the carers may leave if they are not needed)
- New Member Orientations (pre-registration encouraged)
- Many other events throughout the year – for younger children whose parent/s are attending that specific event (pre-registration required)
We encourage Nursery Families to register children if they plan to attend the Nursery regularly. This helps us to get to know your child/family better, be aware of any health concerns/allergies and preferences on diapering and/or bathroom policies. Please contact our Nursery Director (Nursery@ZionBuffalo.org) if you have any questions.
Nursery sign up is required for special events so we have enough staffing. Please also contact our Children & Family Ministry staff if you know you will have childcare needs on Wednesday evenings throughout the school year so we can plan accordingly.
- New Nursery Books, Curriculum and Newsletter! This fall, the Zion Nursery is integrating a new curriculum from Spark House called Frolic. This is a brand new resource for children ages birth to 3 and their families. Frolic was developed by early childhood experts and introduces little ones to faith concepts in age-appropriate ways. Frolic includes online resources for families, print resources (great board books, story books for toddlers and a new ... more
- Nicole has been a member of Zion since 2014, and joined Zion’s nursery staff in May 2016. Her parents and husband have been a big influence on her faith. She was baptized, raised, and confirmed in the Catholic church. Her children, and growing relationships within the church continue to inspire her. Nicole worked as a project manager in the construction department of Best Buy for 15 years straight out of college, handling ... more