- July 19, 2018
- Zion Day Camp
- July 22, 2018
- Farewell to Kirsten
- Nursery Available During Worship
- August 24, 2018
- Last Day of ZDC
- September 12, 2018
- Kids' Place
- Ring Forth
- SONshine Choir
- Joy Choir
- Ring Forth
- September 13, 2018
- Sunday School Parent Information Night
- Sunday School Teacher Training
- September 16, 2018
- Sunday School
- Sunday School
Sundays During the School Year
Sunday School at Zion is held at 8:30 and at 10:30 during the school year for children ages 3 (on September 1) to grade 5. God’s Word is taught through Bible stories, music, videos, crafts, service activities, discussion and Grow in Faith activities (foundational work on Lord’s Prayer, Apostles’ Creed, 10 Commandments, etc). Sunday School at Zion follows a large-group/small-group model and our focus is on relational ministry where each child is known by name.
- Children begin in worship with their families and then attend Sunday School after the Children’s Message. After the Children’s Message, staff will help children to travel over to Trinity Hall for large group time. Parents are welcome to walk their children to their group the first few weeks until they feel comfortable with the system.
- Families choose which Sunday School hour they will typically attend (8:30 or 10:30) but are welcome to attend the other hour occasionally if needed.
- Zion celebrates “Sanctuary Sunday” one Sunday of each month (often the fourth) as a time for families to come to church together. Sunday School will not be in session this day, so that you can worship together as a family. Worship services for Sanctuary Sundays will be specifically inclusive of the children, and build and strengthen the relationships with which God has blessed us.
- After Kirsten and Dave’s new baby boy arrives, Kirsten will be taking some time away (approximately 12 weeks, unpaid) to be with her new family of 5. During this leave, Kirsten will not be checking email or working on any Zion projects. Their summer plans include doing some camping trips and getting to know their newest miracle. Kirsten will miss all of the incredible children and families, especially during the week/s of Vacation Bible School! While she is out, Kirsten’s responsibilities will be covered by Kristin Lotthammer, Shannon Carter, Barb ... more
- Brittany has been at Zion since she was two years old. Her parents, step-dad, and siblings are also members of Zion, along with a large extended family. My favorite thing about Zion is the pastors and members. They make me feel loved and I know I can come to them any time. I have a few people who have been instrumental in my faith. One would be my mom. Pastor Folkerds helped me through a lot and he kept my faith going during a hard part of my life. She started volunteering with ... more
Grow in Faith Events
Throughout the year, Zion’s Sunday School kids work on learning various faith foundations such as memorizing the Lord’s Prayer, 10 Commandments and Books of the Bible.
When these events are scheduled (see calendar), children will either be sharing their learning/memorization in Sunday school large group or during the children’s message in worship. We hope your child/ren will attend on their special day and share what they’ve learned!
Volunteer opportunities include teaching (or co-teaching) Sunday School, helping as shepherds and subs, and getting involved with special events or as Sunday Morning Hosts. We couldn’t do this ministry without you… thanks in advance for being a part of our team and sharing God’s love with Zion’s children!!
If you have any questions about Sunday School, please contact Kirsten Kelly