Welcome to Buffalo!
No matter where you’ve come from we think you’ll love living here and we want to help you get acquainted with the area.
Here are some links you might find helpful as you learn to navigate the area:
- Buffalo Hanover Montrose Schools
- City of Buffalo
- Community Profile including local organizations (on City of Buffalo site)
- Buffalo MN Community Posts (Facebook Group): This group is a place to find and share information about local services, lost & found, community events, etc.
- Wide Street Buffalo (Facebook Group): ‘Wide Street’ is a local nickname for 1st Street NE between Central Ave and 1st Ave NE … a former hub of downtown Buffalo and just a block down from Zion’s former downtown location. These days the area is anchored by the Buffalo Cinema and the summer Farmer’s Market. This Facebook group is a forum for past and present residents and/or fans of Buffalo to share memories, deals, thoughts, etc.
- Bounce Back Project: A community project created to improve health through happiness
- Zion’s local partner organizations
- Buffalo Triathlon is held in June each year, starting and ending at Sturges Park
- Christ the King Retreat Center offers a variety of retreats (predominantly Roman Catholic in expression but open to all faiths)
- Local arts include Buffalo Community Theater, Buffalo Community Orchestra, and the Buffalo Art Guild
- Buffalo is known as the home of the Occasional Sale and also hosts an Arts & Crafts festival each August
Looking for a Church?
Finding a place where you can connect with others in your stage of life and pursue your spiritual journey is a big part of settling into a new community. We invite you to check out Zion as a part of your search … but there is no ‘one size fits all’ church for everyone, so here are some other local churches you might want to visit