Change is ever-abounding, and that goes for Grace Place in Montrose as well. In mid-October, Pastor Kimberly Buffie started her leave of absence as pastor and mission developer of House of Grace Lutheran Church and executive director of Grace Place Collaborative, Inc., to focus on her new family. (Pastor Kimberly and her husband were called to become adoptive parents to three children whom God delivered to their home in December of 2017.)
Pastor Cathy Jones has taken over leadership of Grace Place’s initiatives and the House of Grace. She is a recent graduate of Luther Seminary and celebrated her ordination in early November. Pastor Cathy, however, is not new to Grace Place. In the months prior to taking on leadership, she worked closely with Pastor Kimberly coordinating various youth and community events.
The children’s Learning Lounge program has taken a pause since the Summer Kid’s camp, but Grace Place has been busy serving the Lord by supporting its local community:
- Hosts a weekly Coffee Connection on Tuesdays.
- Assists with FE+ED’s (For Each and Every Day) monthly nonperishable food and produce distribution at the Montrose Community Center in collaboration with Montrose area churches.
- Location for a monthly fresh produce drop called ‘Fresh Friday’.
- Home for the House of Grace weekly Sunday worship service at 5:00PM.
- Supports local MOPS (Mothers of Preschoolers) groups and hosts meetings.
Additionally, Grace Place has gained approval to help support a monthly community meal at the Montrose Community Center in 2019. The goal is to be able to begin by serving 40 people and then 200 by the end of the year. This is an opportunity to support community nourishment and help citizens make connections with other community services available to them.
God’s hands are at work at Grace Place!