As of Wednesday, May 26:
- The carpet for the choir area will be finished in the next day or two, but they also have to carpet the wood platforms. The bad news is the main carpet did NOT ship last week as promised. The manufacturer said they would ship it this week, but I’m not holding my breath. This will probably push the completion time to the right.
- We were told the tile for the altar will ship this week and if so, we will start laying the tile in the altar starting next week. We’ll know for sure when we actually get the tile.
- Painting is going well. Shane started on the door and window trim. We decided to go with a latex based acrylic. It is a much better finish than oil based paint. Once the window and door trims are done we will start reinstalling the hardware but we want to give the paint a good time to dry.
- We are going to be painting more in the narthex area than originally planned. Look for volunteer hours and times coming out soon.
- The upholstery for the pew seats is on back order and Gunder Furniture does not know when they will receive it. They also are having problems getting padding. We will reinstall the pews when the Sanctuary is ready, but we may have green pew seats for quite some time this summer.
As part of the Renewing Our House ~ For Worship sanctuary project, we will be adding a time capsule under the altar area for future generations to find. As part of that time capsule, we’d like to include include recollections, thoughts, and hopes from the congregation.
*All submissions due by Sunday, June 6*
- Photos of messages written on the floor under the carpet will be included
- Submit one page of writing and/or drawing to the church office by Sunday, June 6 (if you are not sure what to include, consider printing a page from one of the many templates available at letsembark.ca/time-capsule).
- Submit your recollections, thoughts, and hopes through the webform below to be printed and included.