As of Wednesday, June 3:
The carpet and tile manufacturers are still unable to give us a confident estimate of when their product will ship. We are now planning on the Sanctuary being unavailable for the entire month of June. Until the carpet and tile are actually on site, any estimate of when the project will be completed is just a guess.
- Because of the delays in carpet and tile and the good weather this week, the painter is working on some of his other outside jobs. The north wall is complete and he has about two days left on the Sanctuary window and door trim. The narthex has been prepped, and painting by Joel and volunteers on the narthex walls has started. The library, office area, and old entrance doors still need to be painted.
- The new holes for the communion rails have been drilled and the old mounts have been filled and leveled. Wood for the construction of the rails will be picked up today and the metal parts are being manufactured by Izza Manufacturing and should be completed in the next few weeks.
- The last day to submit items for the time capsule is Sunday, June 6. The time capsule will be entombed on Wednesday, June 9, at noon. Please attend if you are interested.
- Gunder Church Furniture will pick up the chairs on Monday, June 7. Gunder will be manufacturing new communion kneelers as soon as we give them the final specifications early next week. They are still waiting on the upholstery material to be delivered and they have no estimate as to when that will be. We will install the pews with the old upholstery and those will remain in place until we get the new pew seats completed.
- Mounts for the new live streaming cameras are complete and will be mounted next week. The cabinet for housing equipment is complete and ready to be installed once the carpet is laid. Thanks to Kevin Berquist and Dave Wright for making the cabinet.