Update as of June 10
- The main floor carpet is half installed and will be completed by Friday. They won’t carpet right up to the altar area until the tile gets installed, but essentially the carpet will be completed this week.
- Tile for the altar area will arrive on Monday, June 14. Acoustics Associates (the installer) is juggling a number of large projects and has limited tile installers, but we are hopeful they will start laying the tile next week.
- Prep work of the floor in the altar area is almost complete. The time capsule hole has been prepared and some electrical and audio outlets in the floor have been moved and capped. The holes for the new communion rails have been drilled and the old ones have been abandoned and will be tiled over. Sleeves for the holes are ready for pick up and will be installed early next week.
- Shane Dryerson, the professional painter, has about two days left on the Sanctuary window and door trim, and will finish that area early next week. Joel has been painting the walls of the Narthex and is about half done. The plan is to reinstall hardware (coat racks, door handles, etc) for the Sanctuary area on Wednesday, June 23 to give the paint a long cure time.
- Upholstery will be a long time in coming. The fabric hasn’t even been made yet and the manufacturer is having a hard time getting the chemicals needed to make the fabric. The pews will be installed with the old green seats starting on Tuesday, June 15 at 7pm. Volunteers are needed. It may be quite some time before the old pew seats can be changed out with the new ones.
The time capsule was packed on Wednesday and will be entombed under the floor behind the altar.