The Sanctuary is starting to come back together. We still have the major effort of tiling the altar area but that work will start this week.
- The tile installers are wrapping up some of their other jobs and will start tiling the altar area this week. Preparations for the tiling have been ongoing for the last few days. Tilers are still very busy, but some of them have committed to working overtime and will be working in the evenings and the weekend to get our job done.
- The stone top for the curved wall arrived in the workshop this week. A template has been produced and stone will be cut soon and then installed probably next week. The vinyl wall covering will then have to be installed on the curved wall.
- All of the pews have been moved back into the Sanctuary and bolted down. The fabric for the upholstery still has not been made yet, and it will probably be this Fall when we can install the new pew seats. New carpet inserts were installed in the hymn racks on the back of the pews and all of the hymns have been returned to the pews.
- All of the Sanctuary and Fellowship hall door hardware has been reinstalled. And the coat racks have been reinstalled. The hallway and library door trim has been painted and the only door and window trim left to be painted are the old entrance doors and the office door and windows. Also, the walls in the narthex near the old entrance doors and the office will be painted soon.
- The new live streaming cabinet was varnished this week and the wires for the equipment have been run. We will move the new live streaming cabinet and the video cabinet into place in the near future and the audio cabinet will be moved into place right before the Sanctuary is ready for use because it is used in Trinity Hall.
- All of the components for the new communion rail have been received and the new rails will be manufactured over the coming weeks.