We are getting close to wrapping this project up for now. Still no update on the upholstery fabric so it will probably not be until this fall that we will be able to install the new pew seats.
- The tiling of the altar area is about half done. The new communion rail sleeves have been set as has the stone cap for the curved wall. Once the tile sets, then the area will have to be grouted which should be done by early next week. Then the last of the main carpet will be laid right up to the tile.
- The vinyl wall covering for the curved wall has arrived and the installer will be starting that project very soon. It shouldn’t take more than a day to install the covering.
- The painting of the walls of the Narthex is complete. Thanks Joel! The door and window trim for the old entrance area and office will be completed by tomorrow. Thanks to Shane Dyerson of Dyreson painting for his work! All that’s left is just some final touch-up painting in the storage area under the organ and all of the painting will be completed.
- The final steps will be moving the pulpit and altar and audio/video cabinets into place. This is planned for Sunday, July 11, right after the second service. Please plan on staying a little longer and helping move these large objects. It shouldn’t take too long.
- The first service in the Sanctuary is expected to be Sunday, July 18. A dedication ceremony will be held later this fall once the new pew seats are in place and Sunday school is back in session.
Thanks to all the volunteers for helping with this project. Removing and reinstalling the pews was a big job, but went quickly with all of the help. Also, the removal and reinstallation of the coat racks and door hardware was another big effort. Thanks to everyone involved!