This will be the last update on the Sanctuary project until we receive the pew seats sometime later this year.
- The tiling and grouting of the altar area will be complete by Friday, July 9. Thanks to the Acoustic Associates tilers who worked two jobs and through the 4th of July weekend to get it done!
- The vinyl wall covering on the small curved wall has been installed.
- The altar, pulpit and audio/visual cabinets will be installed on Sunday, July 11, right after the 10:30 worship service. If you are planning on attending the 10:30 worship service this Sunday, please consider helping out moving these large objects. It shouldn’t take too long.
- Once the audio/video cabinets are installed, the last of the cabling and equipment will be installed and ready for use again in time to record the online service on Wednesday.
- The remaining carpet will be installed on Monday, July 12, and that should pretty much finish up the project except the communion rails.
- Communion rails still have to be built but won’t be needed until the kneelers are completed which is still waiting on fabric, as are the pew seats and chairs. If you are interested in helping build the communion rails, please contact me at email@example.com.
Thanks to everyone that has helped out on this project. We’ll get the final bills in the next few weeks and see where we are financially. The professional painter submitted his final bill already and it was significantly higher than expected because of the need for a second coat and some additional work added.