Take time out of the busy days of November and December to reflect on God’s love, coming down to us as Jesus.
- Light a series of advent candles at mealtime during the four weeks of advent.
- Hear about God’s love through the worship services each Sunday of advent.
- Join a choir or music ensemble to sing and ring the sounds of the Advent/Christmas season.
- Choose one of the many Advent/Christmas events at Zion and celebrate with others, waiting and watching for the love of God that comes at Christmas.
- Take part in Zion’s Advent Photo-a-Day challenge
- Stop by the Zion information desk to pick up an advent devotional for home use created by Luther Seminary Daily email is also available at luthersem.edu/advent.
- Welcome to one of the most joyous times of year! And along with that, I could also say welcome to one of the most stress filled times of year. We are in the season of Advent, the season where we prepare for Christmas, for the greatest gift we have been given. So here is my question to you: Can Christmas still change the world? “The Christmas story is a story of love, hope, redemption and relationship. So, what happened? How did it ... more
- It was sometime in October when that first bolt of “Christmas is coming” flashed across my mind. Nothing unusual, considering Hobby Lobby and Menards put the season on our visual radar this year with their holiday displays right alongside the pumpkins and cornucopia. Not too surprising, since Christmas countdowns have been heard on radio stations when we were still three digits out. What caught me off guard, though, was how the thought of Christmastime triggered the acknowledgement that this is not ... more
- As the holiday season approaches, with the end of one year and the start of another, we pause to give thanks for our blessings. It is also a time when charitable giving often comes to mind. As you review your income & giving for the year, please consider Zion and the great ministries happening here as a place for your Christmas and year end giving. Year end giving contributions will help us finish 2017 in a place strength, as we prepare ... more