Sunday, August 25, 10:00 am
Outdoor Worship Service - Front Lawn
- Front Lawn
After the long winter and spring months we're anxious to get back outdoors for three worship services this summer: June 30, July 28, and August 25 at 10am.
Come to Zion's front yard, near the north parking lot for a Sunday morning service under the trees in the fresh summer air.
- Park in the north parking lot or walk from the south lot. There will be a front row of parking spots reserved for people who have difficulties walking through the yard and would like to worship from their car.
- Bring your lawn chairs or blankets for seating under the shade trees.
- Music will be provided by First Sunday and Friends.
- We'll even bring the coffee time outside!
- In case of inclement weather, the worship will be held in Trinity Hall; watch Facebook for last minute information.
The 8:30 worship will be held in the sanctuary as usual throughout the summer.
Wednesday, August 28, 12:00 pm
Summer Picnic - Trinity Hall
- Laurie Mackereth
- Trinity Hall
Retirees are invited to meet in Trinity Hall for a potluck picnic lunch on Wednesday, August 28 at noon. Fried chicken and beverages will be provided, and participants are asked to provide a salad or dessert to share.
Please sign up by Monday, August 26, at the Information Desk or by calling the church office at 763.682.1245.
Sunday, September 8, 10:00 am
Z-Fest Fall Celebration
Zion’s annual country festival to celebrate the year's ministries is coming up on September 8! Mark your calendar, and pull out your cowboy hat!
This event is for everyone ... everyone who has faithfully been with us all summer, everyone who is returning to a 'normal' schedule and getting geared up for Sunday school and other fall programming, and everyone who is new to Zion and would like to check out what we're all about.
The theme for the day is country, and will include great games, food, square dancing, and country fun after worship.
- Worship at 8:30am or 10am and the kick off of Pastor Ted's fall sermon series. Music will be provided by the Zion Wind Ensemble at 8:30 and the High School Worship Team at 10am.
- Coffee fellowship, music, and an activity for kids in Fellowship Hall from 9:30am.
- Food and games on the front lawn from 10am. Activities include face painting, a bounce house, photo booth, hay ride, and more.
* Jeans, boots, and/or flannel are encouraged 🙂
Monday, September 9, 6:30 pm
Fall Bible History Class - Library/Chapel
- Rick Johnson
Rick Johnson will present a six-week Bible History class covering Old Testament stories. The classes will look at the relationship between God and Jewish chosen people with an emphasis on the stories in Genesis of Creation, Adam and Eve, and Cain and Abel. The classes will be in the library on Monday nights from 6:30 to 8pm from September 9 to October 14. This class is for anyone interested in Bible history whether you have been in a previous class or not. Be sure to bring your Bibles.
September 29, 2019
Prayers for Healing at all Services
- Pastor Suzi
We are the body of Christ and we have all experienced moments of pain, discontent, sorrow and grief.
On September 29, we bring our whole selves to God to ask for healing and peace. All of the usual Sunday morning worship services (8:30am / 9:45am / 10:30am) will include a short intentional time for individuals to receive prayers of healing.
Those feeling the weight of physical or mental illness, grief or loss, addiction etc., will have an option to come forward for prayers, have someone come to you in your pew, or have time for personal prayer.
Feel the love of your siblings in Christ surround you during this sacred time.
Sunday, September 29, 11:30 am
New Member Orientation - Fellowship Hall
- Angela Bengtson
- Fellowship Hall
This orientation to membership provides an introduction to Zion ministries and staff, an opportunity to meet others at Zion, and a little about what it means to be Lutheran. Those who decide to become members will be formally received into our congregation on Sunday, October 13.
The orientation will include:
Sign Up Now
- The staff and Outreach Committee will join you for lunch after the last worship service (11:45am).
- Presentation and discussion begins around 12:25pm and will end around 1:45pm.
- Child care and activities for children will be available after the meal if requested in advance.
- Plenty of informal conversation with staff, existing members, and other prospective new members.
- An overview of a wide variety of Zion programs and ministries.
- Zion Pastors briefly introduce what it means to be Lutheran.
- Your photo will be taken for the reception (or you may email your own photo to Angela in advance).
- Information for church records will be verified.
October 6, 2019
Faith Statement Fair - Narthex
- Pastor Suzi
Join the confirmation class at the Faith Statement Fair on Sunday October 6th from 9:30-10:30. Walk through their faith statement displays and engage these young adults in conversation about their faith journey so far. On October 13, these young people will affirm the promises made to them in baptism and these faith statement displays are a way for them to show the world where their faith is right now and how they will continue to live and grow in the faith after they make their big promises and are confirmed in their faith.
Saturday, October 26, 2:00 pm
Trunk or Treat
- Kristin Lotthammer
- Trunk or Treat
Who’s ready for cooler temps and fall fun? (yeah, Pastor Suzi isn’t really either but…) Trunk or Treat is really just around the corner. So start dreaming and scheming of how you will be decorating your trunk. In 2018, we had the biggest turn out yet for Trunk or Treat and this year we hope to have more trunks than ever. Mark your calendars for October 26 for this fun filled family day! And right after Trunk or Treat all Middle School youth are invited to fall fun night, a bonfire, treats, and other fall fun.