The church council requests that voting members attend a special meeting of the congregation on Sunday, November 19, 2017 starting at 11:45am. The purpose of this meeting is to approve changes to Zion’s constitution.
According to Zion’s constitution, voting members are confirmed members who have both communed at Zion and made a financial contribution of record at Zion in the current or preceding calendar year. If you are unsure of your voting member status, please contact Angela in the church office.
Proposal of Constitutional Changes
- The Constitutional Change Working Group hereby proposes to the Zion Church Council that changes be made to the constitution as summarized in attachment 1 and as edited in full in attachment 2 to be effective on January 1, 2018.
- It is further proposed that a special meeting to first approve the changes by the congregation be called for on Sunday, November 19, 2017 at 11:45am and that the agreed to changes be placed on the agenda of the annual meeting scheduled for Sunday, December 3, 2017 at 11:45am.
- Wednesday, September 20, 2017 – Council reviews and accepts changes 60 days prior to special meeting. (C16.01)
- Friday, October 20, 2017 – Notice of special meeting 30 days prior. (C16.02.c)
- Sunday, November 5, 2017 – Notice of special meeting announced and in bulletin at church. (C10.03)
- Thursday, November 9, 2017 – Notice of special meeting mailed to all voting members (C10.03)
- Sunday, November 12, 2017 – Notice of special meeting announced and in bulletin at church. (C10.03)
- Sunday, November 19, 2017 – Special Congregational meeting. First approval of changes. (C16.02)
- Monday, November 20, 2017 – Changes filed with the Synod (C16.02)
- Sunday, December 3, 2017 – Annual meeting. Must be ratified by 2/3’s. (C16.02)
- Monday, January 1, 2018 – Effective date of changes.