Zion’s summer worship schedule was given a new look last year and it’s coming back for this year. After discussing the many positive comments from 2018, the Worship and Music Committee made the decision to use the same schedule for this coming summer.
Two Sunday morning worship services from May 26 (Memorial Day weekend) through September 8 (Zfest weekend) at 8:30 and 10:00am.
- 8:30am – Traditional worship in the sanctuary
- 10:00am – Summer Express worship in the sanctuary
Both 8:30 and 10:00 worship services will have family-friendly elements since the Sunday school takes time off in the summer months. Both services will have the same sermon. At 8:30 hymns will be organ-led and the 10:00am worship music each week will be led by one of Zion’s four worship teams.
The Monday night worship service at the historic Marysville church begins June 3 and continues each Monday through August 26. Come join us as we worship at this wonderful country church on Dempsey Ave SW.
The annual pie & ice cream social at Marysville is on July 29
Why Change the Schedule for the Summer?
- There were many positive comments about the summer schedule last year. We notice that many families like to come earlier for worship in the summer so that they can use their Sundays for family events, time at the lake, or special events that can only happen in our short Minnesota summer. That’s why 8:30 and 10:00am appear to be the best choices for worship times.
- There’s a shorter time between the Sunday morning worship services which gave time for conversation and fellowship between the 8:30 & 10:00 worshippers.
- With the addition of Marysville Monday worship, Zion is still actively worshipping three services each week.
- Both 8:30 and 10am worship will be in the sanctuary, leaving Trinity Hall open for activities.
Weather permitting, there’s also a tentative plan for three 10am Summer Express outdoor worship services on June 30, July 28 and August 25 on the Zion property … stay tuned.
Summer is coming!