Last night the council approved the following actions with regard to the impact of the COVID-19 pandemic. These actions were taken in response to restrictions being in place and an associated slow-down that could last for a number of months or even longer.
- the activities of the Call committee are suspended.
- a hiring freeze for vacant staff positions which includes an administrative assistant position and multiple Children, Youth and Family positions.
- The church building is closed for meetings, Bible studies and other large and small group meetings except for Woman, Infant and Children (WIC), Wright County. Meetings for essential functions (coordinating and producing online worship etc.) will continue and Zion staff will have the authority to determine what meetings are essential.
- Zion staff will continue to work but hours will be reduced, and some will be laid off. See more details below.
- The review of the financial situation of the church will increase in frequency.
Effective on Sunday, March 29, which is the start of a new pay period for the staff, various staff positions will be laid off or significantly reduced in hours. Because each position is affected differently, the impact on each staff member will be different. Every staff position has been addressed and notified of the plan. The reduction in salary also affects the Pastors.
Members are encouraged to attend Wednesday evening and Sunday morning services online and to continue to support Zion financially. Information on new ways to give to Zion electronically will be posted in the near future and members are encouraged to mail in their offering. We need to continue to work together and to support one another as much as possible in these uncertain times.