With a late Easter (April 22) comes a later start for the Lenten season. March 6 will be the day marked with ashes as we begin the 40 day journey to Easter. On Ash Wednesday and all following Wednesdays during Lent, worship at Zion is at noon (reflective worship of scripture, hymns and message), 5pm (interactive worship for young children and families), and 6:30pm (scripture, message, and Holden Evening Prayer).
All of the regular Wednesday activities and rehearsals continue during Lent with a few schedule changes to accommodate the worship schedule. The Wednesday night meal is open to all, serving from 5-6:15pm in the Fellowship Hall.
Worship this year will center around Jesus’ prayer before he went to the cross: “Not as I will, but as you will.” We seek to do God’s will in our lives everyday, no matter who we are. We will hear about God’s will at work among us from the stories of biblical characters, from both the Old and New Testament.
- How do we trust God, even when the road is steep and hard? (Abraham & Isaac)
- Am I really “enough” to do God’s work in the world? (Moses)
- What really is my role in the world? (Mary)
- How do I live up to the plans God has for me? (David)
- y world is turned upside down! Now what? (Paul)
- I hear God’s call, so how do I respond? (Lydia)