We will trust, live and serve Christ Jesus our Lord.
That has become our motto at Zion. Everything we do is about those three things. Our programs, preaching, music, Confirmation ministry, children’s and youth ministries, mission trips and local outreach activities. Everything we do is about those three things, “trust, live and serve”. This fall we will return to those basic words in a message series to start the new school year.
- September 8: We will trust, live, and serve Christ Jesus our Lord
- September 15: Trust in Jesus as Savior
- September 22: Live the Call of God’s Word
- September 29: Serve the world God loves
And, have you noticed that those three words line up with the three elements of our mission, to:
Share Christ’s Word
the word that tells us of God’s love for us and others.
To encourage people in living out their faith.
Serve Those in Need
Supporting and strengthen people who need our help.
I still remember the words of a motivational speaker I once listened to;
“Our rewards in life will depend on the quality and amount of contribution we make.”
The speaker’s point was about how and where we invest our lives! That starts to get at what we mean when we say, “Trust, Live and Serve” in worship. “Trust, Live and Serve” is about our time, our gifts and abilities, our passions and energies, our thoughts and focus and our finances and how we invest them in life.
- Do you want a productive garden? Invest yourself in it.
- Do you want a successful career? Invest yourself in it.
- Do you want a better marriage? Invest yourself in it.
- Do you want a great church? Invest yourself in it.
- Do you want a meaningful youth or children’s ministry? Invest yourself in it.
- Do you want a closer walk with God? Invest yourself in it.
Summer is coming to an end and soon our schedule and routine at church will change. Come and join us as we seek to “Trust, Live and Serve. See you soon.