Our summer worship schedule includes worship in the sanctuary at 9am (RSVP required), online worship at 10am, and drive-in worship at 10:30am (new time and new location). If you’re not yet comfortable being indoors or with a large group, we understand. The online and drive-in worship services will continue. Please choose the worship experience that works best for you and your family.
Zion’s summer sermon series, On Solid Ground, focuses on passages of scripture that have been helpful for you in your life. You are invited to submit verses of scripture that you have found to be “tried and true.” Perhaps you have faced shaky times; what passages have given you solid ground to stand on? Perhaps you have had a big decision to make; what has given you direction? You are invited to submit passages that you have found comforting, inspiring, strengthening, powerful or insightful. Your solid ground scripture may be the focus of an upcoming sermon.
9am Sanctuary Worship
Are you ready to join us in the Sanctuary?
Know the Guidelines
Zion’s policy is to follow the advice of the Minnesota Department of Health and the CDC regarding re-entering indoor worship. They are the experts and have the best understanding of how to protect the public which includes our members and attenders.
Worship will look a little different and have some new guidelines related to attendance capacity, physical distancing, potential contact tracing, etc. Please read all the guidelines on the linked page before signing up.
Because of limited capacity, you’ll need to sign up prior to Sunday to reserve a spot. When spots are filled, people will be encouraged to come to drive-in worship or worship online.
Check in on Sunday
You will be asked to complete a screening survey on Sunday morning that includes one last check for your current health (the same questions as asked when you RSVP), one last reminder of worship guidelines, and a choice of seating preference. The screening survey will be available at online on Sunday morning. Complete it at home or in the parking lot.
10am Online Worship
Online service is scheduled to stream on Facebook and YouTube at 10am on Sunday, June 21 (and will be available to watch any time after that).
Worship Bulletins for Online
10:30am Outdoor/Drive-in Worship
The Outdoor/Drive-in Worship service is held in the back / north parking lot, and begins at 10:30am.
The Minnesota Department of Health has issued guidelines for drive-in worship. Those with any symptoms of COVID-19 (cough, fever, shortness of breath, etc.) should not attend.
Please indicate to parking attendants your choice of drive-in or lawn seating.
For those who choose drive-in:
- Please park as directed, and stay in your car or sit directly in front of your car
- Tune your car radio to FM 87.9 (remember to turn your lights off)
- Participate from within your car by reading and singing along with the bold print.
For those who choose outdoor:
- Please park as directed in the back/north lot (or park anywhere in the front/south lot), then proceed to the lawn (with your own chairs/blankets).
- Please keep a safe 6-foot distance between households.
- To keep everyone safe, parts of the building are closed. For directions to available bathrooms please see parking attendant or a staff member.
- Please wait to be directed to leave the parking lot after the service. If you choose to stay and listen to the postlude music, please let the parking lot hosts know.
- Offerings can be placed in the receptacle on your way out (or use online offering options available at ZionBuffalo.org/give).
Worship Bulletins for Outdoor/Drive-in
Worship bulletins will be available as you enter the parking lot, or can be accessed on a smart device or printed at home:
Please wait to be directed to leave the parking lot after the service. If you choose to stay and listen to the postlude music, please let the parking lot hosts know.
Audio of the sermon and and children’s message will also be available on our podcast.
A collection barrel will also be available for depositing offerings on your way out of the drive-in services.
Ongoing information relating to COVID-19 and the impact on worship and schedules will be posted on our website, on Facebook, and emailed to those who have requested our email newsletter and/or regular updates.